Friday, March 18, 2011

Firefox Plugin-Container.exe and how disable it



I was surprised too when I saw a file named plugin-container.exe on the computer. Objects whatsoever? Virus or whether this file? The origin of incidence seen when I open an application and suddenly the application is not responding. The first step I did was forcibly shut down the application via Task Manager. But you see there is a process with the name of the plugin-container.exe. Become a question mark in my mind. Previously never seen any of this process.


Out of curiosity, I finally decided to look it up in google. As a result I know also what plugin-container.exe. Apparently this is the plugin file found in Mozilla Firefox 3.6.4. upwards. Incidentally I gunakankan Firefox has now reached version 3.6.6. The function of this plugin is to set the course of additional plugins like:

* Adobe Flash
* Apple Quicktime
* Microsoft Silverlight

These plugins are not created by Firefox. To run a web content containing video, music, games etc. The above plugins are required diinstalkan separately. If one of these plugins crash, then Firefox will continue to run regardless of the plugins that crash. To find out more detailed information please consult the Support Mozilla.

How to Permanently Disable Firefox Plugin Container.exe Process in Windows

Because I think the plugin is often consuming a large source of memory sometimes without realizing it, I finally decided to stop the process. after browsing the various forums, finally found a solution that can be applied.

Description of the solution like this:

If you want to permanently disable the plugin container process in Firefox, follow these simple steps:

1. Type about:config in the address bar, hit “Enter’ and click on “I will be careful, I promise” (see screenshot below)
2. Type dom.ipc in the filter field and you will see the following options being listed


4. Right click an entry and select “Toggle” to change the value of the entry from True to False and vice versa.

5. Reset all entries to False but keep the first and last entries to True.


You are done, restart Firefox and open up Windows task manager to see that the plugin container process is disabled.

Source : http://www.ampercent.com/disable-firefox-plugin-container-process/6383/

No comments:

Post a Comment